Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I drive Drive-away out of Goshen Indiana. When

Customer Question
I drive For Quality Drive-away...
I drive For Quality Drive-away out of Goshen Indiana. When I was hired in I was told I didn't need a CDL. Now im not getting
NOn-CDL loads because they are saving them for Cdl Drivers to get to certain areas. nad yes I was told this from a guy named Jim. they seem to be applying new rules as they go that only apply to certain cdl drivers and are neglecting the non cdls. taling to them does not work all I was asking for was fairness in distributing loads. do I just need to look for another company? they have caller Id Dispatch is ignoring my calls for dispatch
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/20/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
What specifically can I answer for you about this?
is there anything illegal about this?
I just want to be treated fairly
Is there a handbook being violated or discrimination involved?
the non-cdl drivers are being discriminated against. they have loads for non CDL drivers in our terminal . I was told they take care of the local drivers first. this is not happening at this terminal. loads are being reserved for CDL drivers so they do not have to deadhead as much. these are non cdl loads going to drivers mainly out of the Georgia office
Have you considered collectively having a lawyer reach out to negotiate equal treatment?
Tina, Lawyer