How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work IT firm and was put on a project A time in Washington st

Customer Question

I work for an IT firm and was put on a project for client A for some time in Washington state. Now I have been deputed and put in a new project for client B in California. Client A in Washington wants to hire me. Would the non compete signed by me with my employer be en forcible to me ? I know that is not applicable in California but not sure how it will be applied in this situation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Does the Washington client want you to work in Washington, or can you do your work while resident in California?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They want me to join their office in Washington. I do not think, working from California will be an option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is someone there ??
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I need to review your original contract, and any secondary contract that you may have signed when you changed clients to California. I can only to that through an additional services offer. You may accept or decline at your convenience.

Related Employment Law Questions