Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

I had a conversation with my chief human resources

Customer Question

Hello
I had a conversation with my chief human resources officer, as I have been having ongoing conflicts with my colleagues at work and it has become disruptive to me. I tried to have a conversation with one of my colleagues and it did not have a good result.
The chief human resources officer said that I was being immature and needed to grow up and that the colleague didn't want to be friends with me and she had a right to that choice. No one wants to go out to dinner or drinks with someone who is going to cry and flair their arms. She said that anxiety levels were to high and my reactions to things were to severe and that I just needed to focus on my job or go elsewhere. She said that her subordinate Katie should not be wasting her time on this, my manger should not be wasting his time on this and that she should not be spending her time on this.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I am sorry to hear that the HR Dept was not more helpful or understanding of the issue here..
.
What is your legal question that I can help with this morning?
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is she legally aloud to tell me to grow up and say I was being immature and tell me that everyone should not be spending time on this issues, when I am asking for help ?
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Honestly, while this was not a very tactful way of approaching the situation, legally she can express her opinion about the matter and what she thinks a proper course of action to address it is.
.
She apparently doesn't have much in the way of interpersonal communication skills, but if the gist of the issue is that another employee doesn't want to interact with you, then I agree that they do have the right not to do so and no one in HR can force them to do so.
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Phone call request was an accident
Thank you
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Glad to help even if the news wasn't very good..
.
.
thanks