Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I formed a community org and registered it with the State of

Customer Question
WA. Only two people are...
I formed a community org and registered it with the State of WA. Only two people are in it, myself and one other person. To raise money for our community work, we provide office space to other local non-profits, we collect signatures once a year for whatever
initiative we can get a job working for them on that effort. A national retailer sued us a month ago, us personally and the organization, b/c a couple of signature gatherers were collecting signatures in front of one of their stores. They have since dismissed
us personally but have cont. against the org, got a preliminary injunction not to allow anyone in front of their stores, if we get a job collecting signatures we must inform the client, the workers, and the retail chain, maintain records of this, and provide
them with records if they ask for it. I have been unable to find a pro bono counsel for this. I filed an answer for the org. Now there is a hearing to say I cannot file an answer and so the org is in default. Next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/9/2015
Employment Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. That is a tough situation to be in. How exactly can I help, are you asking what your next steps are going to be?
Yes
When is this hearing, and where exactly are you located? Who did you reach out to as far as pro-bono counsel?
Tina, Lawyer