Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

IF a government owned company and my company have signed

Customer Question

Hi, IF a government owned company and my company have signed a contract together and after a few months there is an issue between that company and my company, can that government owned company publish in the media the contracts signed between us. Do I have any right to expectation of privacy in general where signed agreements with companies are concerned
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
There is no legally enforceable expectation of privacy with respect to business contracts. The only exception would be if the contract itself limited the parties' ability to disclose its terms. Otherwise, what you describe does not violate any law, I'm afraid.
I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Thank you for the additional information. I closed your other question thread to simplify things for us.
The additional information you have given, while helpful, does not change the answer to your question. There is nothing unlawful about publishing the information that you have described. I wish I could provide another answer but the law is clear cut in this respect.
I hope this clarifies things for you.