Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a question. I have worked company since 2008

Customer Question
I have a question....
I have a question. I have worked for a company since 2008 and was discharged, they had made me take a salary position for 60 hours per week straight time and told me they did not want me clocking in and out and I followed this practice as advised since 2008. should I be contacting regarding back overtime? Some weeks I worked 90-100hrs per week?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2015
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What state was this in, and what job did they have you doing? That is, what was your job description / responsibilities?
It was in Ohio and I was just a pumper tending oil and gas wells and then became a supervisor back in 2012 I believe but also had to do my previous responsibilities also
How much of your time approximately was taken doing supervisory tasks, versus your previous responsibilities?
Did you see my follow up question to your issue?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response. Should I continue to wait for your response, or may I assist the other customers waiting for answers to their questions?
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.
Probably half the time as of 2013
Thank you for responding. I didn't know if I would hear from you again. For now, there might be a delay between responses unless you let me know if you're actually there and available for chat, as I waited for your response for 30 minutes yesterday and you didn't respond until today. Can you tell me if in your supervisory role you:regularly supervised two or more other employees, and alsohad management as the primary duty of the position, and also,had some genuine input into the job status of other employees (such as hiring, firing, promotions, or assignments).
Tina, Lawyer