How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a very interesting question i do not make much money

Customer Question

i have a very interesting question i do not make much money but i work for a company i make 13 dollars an hour and i geet vacation benifits but yet when i do take my vacation they only pay mee about 7.00 per hour for my vacation time is this legal??
i found out the pay the salaried managers there regular pay on vaction they dont cut them
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you with your concerns.
To answer directly, if you take vacation, you are entitled to exactly the same wage as when you are working, not a half-wage or other derivative. Unless you are being paid in 'bonuses', the wage you get paid during regular time is the same wage you are entitled to when you take vacation.
Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so what they are doing is plain against the law and labor board rules they paid me at 7.70 per hour for my vaction time

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. I would suggest you first contact HR and payroll to see if this was an error as you should typically give them a chance to right this error. If they stand by it, report it to your state's Dept of Labor and pursue them for wage violations directly. You can also take them to small claims for the amount they did not pay you under the circumstances.
Dimitry, Esq.