Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Greetings! I hire independent contracts in my organization.

Customer Question
We are renewing contracts. I...
Greetings! I hire independent contracts in my organization. We are renewing contracts. I would like to put a stipulation in the contract stating a maximum number of days the independent contractor can be unavailable for work during a year and a maximum number of days the independent contractor can be unavailable during a consecutive period of time. This would prevent the contractor from being unavailable (like on vacation for 8 -1 0 weeks out of the year and for numerous weeks at a time). One of the independent contractors is an Admin Assistant so it would be difficult for this person to be unavailable for several weeks or days out of the year. My question is: Is this legal.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/3/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Yes, this is absolutely legal. Employers are under no obligation to provide time for employees to take vacation and are free to impose this sort of scheduling limitations without concern. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Hello again,
I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.
Very best wishes.