Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is my defense if a boss have me to sign documents that…

Customer Question
What is my defense if...
What is my defense if a boss have me to sign documents that she knew I shouldn't have and I trusted my employer and signed them without reading. She was trying to cover a mistake of not having the forms on the files from a year or so back before an audit
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/3/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, defense from what? Disciplinary action?
Yes, legal disciplinary actions
Defense should be chronological and detailed.
Identify all directions given and by whom. The defense is based on following direction.
If not afforded reasonable review let me suggest You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case? I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Maybe I asked the wrong question, what can I be charged with, this is dealing with a Medicaid audit
I see no personal liability. Only consequence with employment which can include suspension and other disciplinary action. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Didn't really get my question answer. Will have to call when I have the time
No criminal or civil liability. At most company may reprimand but even there if you followed direction company cannot typically even do that. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.