Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in Florida and I did not not hit my sales goals. I ad…

Customer Question
I live in Florida and...
I live in Florida and I did not not hit my sales goals. I ad been with the company for approx 4 months do I still qualify for unemployment? I have heard before if you are with a company under a certain time frame I can not file unemployment. I was with my last company for about 7 years and took about 3 weeks off between jobs.
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/1/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. I am very sorry that you were released from your job. The good news is that there is no requirement that an employee be employed for a specific length of time before they can claim benefits. The requirement is that you have paid sufficiently into the system through your withholdings on each paycheck and that you presently find yourself unemployed through no fault of your own. Four months on its own would be sufficient payment into the system, but the contributions you made from your previous job also count. Factoring that into the equation, there is no question that you have paid sufficiently into the system to claim benefits. If you were let go for failing to hit sales goals, you are also certainly unemployed through no fault of your own. You can file your claim here: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.