How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask annelew12554 Your Own Question
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2430
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
annelew12554 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am receiving a pension from a union. I did some consulting

Customer Question

I am receiving a pension from a union. I did some consulting work and it amounted to 22 working days in 2014. The union sent me a form to fill out, 1099 for self employment. They are stating that if you are receiving regular, early or service pension, you cannot work in any employment that would be considered Operating Engineer work. They want me to answer questions about the calendar year 2014, if I received any income from self-employment or receive an IRS for 1099 for self-employment. They want me to volunteer the information. They want me to give the Authorization to obtain earnings data from the Social Security Administration. What is the best advice? Thanks, Chuck
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 2 years ago.

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I will be happy to help you.

I would NEVER volunteer that kind of information. I've not heard of any Union Workers Scam going around. so, while it may be a legitimate letter, I still would NEVER give someone my SS# ***** with DOB in order to pull my information from SS.

Since this is voluntary, if it were me, I'd throw it away.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.

If this has answered your question, please take the moment to rate positive so that I may be given credit for working with you today.

It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a tax question. Please answer. It is a terms of agreement with my union. It is a collective bargaining agreement. Please get me someone to advise me with correct information.

Expert:  annelew12554 replied 2 years ago.
I apologize that I mis read your question.

I think transferring your question to legal is the best thing for you.

I will do that now.

Please, do NOT respond back to me as it will only delay the transfer.