How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetfighter Your Own Question
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
wallstreetfighter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I talked to you before about my employer problems,what

Customer Question

Hi I talked to you before about my employer problems,what can i do? He has been claiming to people that im on drugs,stole his stuff ect... I talked to the labor department and they cant help me out My next move would be IRS as i want my money from im back
and thought of the whistler programm to claim the rewards
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.
This is an unfortunate situation, if the employer is making false statements about you, only a defamation lawsuit against the employer can be brought. In terms of the IRS, if the employer has violated federal law in regards ***** ***** paying you, they may take some action, they investigate tax related issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okOk but im here not with a work visa,would that put me in the hot seat or him?
He askes me to stay and will do the paperwork to file itWould the IRS audit me or charge me any taxes based on waiges i have not receved?What can i do to get my waiges out if him if not goint to the IRS?
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.
the irs would not audit you, however if the employer violated the law they would go after the employer. Also, you can sue him directly in civil court for any unpaid wages.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok what is the cost of the civil court legal actions?I´ve tryed to get someone to take it in but no luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i know you cant give an exact figure just an estimate and who to speak to in general
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.
legal fees could range $1500-$5000 depending on what the Attorney wants to charge.
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.
You should consider small claims court, as you can do it yourself.

Related Employment Law Questions