Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I believe I'm , we're being discrimated against by the union

Customer Question

I believe I'm , we're being discrimated against by the union local 2149 afscme lehigh county.we work for the paint crew 5-0 district crew paying dues to local 2149. I got hurt in oct. of 13. i've been doctoring , operation on the back , but only lehigh county lets me come back to act as foreman in the winter... my supervisor came out to germansville 3-20-15 and said joe, monday the paint crew starts back up . Don't come in till you get full released. In the mean time a person retired from 5-3 the same day so I put in for his job knowing I only have to work 7.5 hrs . a day verses 14 hrs. a day..the union says I have NO right putting in for a 5-3 job! A winter temp that has never paid a dime to the local has more of a right to driving before me...I've beeen a dues paying member to that loca for 16 yrs. and their telling me i no bidding rights to jobs in 5-3 although WE'RE forced to work in that county fo 5 months out of the year cause of winter activities..if that isn't discrimination or prejudice then nothing is....there has to be a lawsuit against afscme for even letting it happen...thank you
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you asking for avenues to pursue a claim?