Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My supervisor ofended today by telling me i know nothing even

Customer Question

My supervisor ofended today by telling me i know nothing even though I have been doing this job for 15 years. I told him that is not true. He continued arguing and pushing me to hit him. He even asked me to hit him. I didn't do it because I know better. Then he spited on my face. What are my options
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Spitting in your face is a battery, it is a criminal offense. You could file criminal charges against them for doing so. That is one option. Your other option is filing a complaint to HR about the threats and battery by your supervisor and asking them to take action.
If HR will not take action and management will not take action, your final recourse is that in addition to filing criminal charges against the supervisor, you can file s civil suit for battery against him and also for infliction of emotional distress for his conduct and seek monetary damages against him personally.
Unfortunately, these are your very limited options in a case like this.