Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I feel I am being mistreated at my job. I work w a difficult

Customer Question

I feel I am being mistreated at my job. I work w a difficult coworker who happens to be my lead. Nothing I do is good enough. He has said mean condescending things to me t hat I discussed w the boss and the boss turns everything on me. I have been stressed so much it is affecting my health and giving me major health issues including enlarged heart. This year alone I have been out sick a total of 3 weeks w doctors notes. One week boss withheld one day pay. The company has unlimited sick time w doc note which I had and now they are telling me I need to file FMLA or go unpaid. That is against policy. I am salary. I am requesting to move to another group in which i am doing work for them but my boss is telling me they are not impressed w my work. I asked the other group and they told me they told him they were impressed. I don't know who is lying but the group told me i did a good job. I'm at a loss now.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information. In order to assist you though I need a bit more information. First, I need to know what State you work in. Also, I need to know what your specific legal question is. Also, when you say the Company has a policy of "unlimited" sick leave with a doctor's note, do you mean paid? Have you spoken to your HR Department and if so, what do they say?