Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am wondering if I have a suit with this. A Senior Production

Customer Question
I am wondering if I...
I am wondering if I have a suit with this. A Senior Production Supervisor made an inappropriate comment concerning me in front of a group of people in a meeting. Since then it has been apparent that this comment he made has been true because no one speaks to me at all this includes all management. I am also having other issues as well.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/24/2015
Employment Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. If the comment made was discriminatory, then you have a claim that you can file, without fear of retaliation, with the EEOC. To be considered discriminatory, the comment must have been predicated on one of the protected classes. One cannot discriminate against a person based their race, age, gender or disability. Therefore, if the comment was discriminatory based on one of the aforementioned protected areas, then you can file a claim with the EEOC. They will review the claim and if they find merit, will allow you to sue for damages in federal court. If the employer attempts to retaliate, you can sue them for retaliation as well, even if you do not win the discrimination suit. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward.
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer