How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

GA- sa I live in Arizona and was denied unemployment benefits after 2

Customer Question

I live in Arizona and was denied unemployment benefits after 2 months of receiving them. The company I worked for was AFNI and they said at the Hearing that I deliberately messed up so that I would get fired. Misconduct. What??? I'm 63 years old and was finally getting benefits from a job. Why would I do that? They also want me to pay back what I have already received. This happened to me about 3 years ago in Arizona where 2 companies I was working for made up some charges to get out of paying me. I'm still paying that back. In fact they took out some of my first checks to pay for most of those. I want to appeal.Do I need to have a lawyer write an appeal for me. This literally makes me sick when I have to deal with these people. Lots more info also.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Companies frequently try to make up excuses to get out of paying unemployment. It is quite a chore to prove you deliberately "messed up" to get terminated. You absolutely need a local attorney to represent you, because you are going to have to make them present their actual evidence proving how you did this intentionally and will have to get your own evidence properly introduced to the hearing officer so that they can consider it. You do not want to try this pro se, as there is too much to lose and just "telling them you didn't do anything wrong" is not sufficient, you need to put the evidence together and this is what the unemployment attorney will do for you. Most unemployment attorneys do not charge up front, they will charge a percentage of the benefits they win for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to pay you $41 still when I have to get a local lawyer instead? Not sure how this works. Very low on money right now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, could I talk to the lawyer?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry if you may have misunderstood how this site works. The experts on this site are forbidden from representing anyone from this site by state law, so we cannot legally represent you. All we are allowed to do by state law is answer questions for customers to try to educate them about their situations.
If you have additional specific questions about your situation we are here for you to ask them so you can get better educated regarding your matter. However, for legal representation you need to get a local attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much did this cost me to be told to get a local attorney? I'm very worried about this.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The experts are not employees of this site, we have nothing to do with what the customer agrees with the site regarding payments. That is something that is beyond the expert's control. However, you do not have to leave any feedback and you can get a refund of your deposit by contacting customer service,
Expert:  sarah-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.