Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer says the company does not participate in FMLA.

Customer Question
We do have the required...
My employer says the company does not participate in FMLA. We do have the required 50 employees and the worker has been employed full time for over a year. The boss is trying to force her to quit. She needs FMLA asap for seriously ill spouse. Is there a legal reason the company can opt out of FMLA?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/22/2015
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
No, the FMLA is a federal law and any violation will subject the company to disability discrimination. Make sure you get these statements in writing, perhaps in a responsive email that the company elects not to follow federal law. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.