Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

How long must SEPTA, by law, State or Federal, retain surveillance vid

Customer Question
eos tapes?...
How long must SEPTA, by law, State or Federal, retain surveillance vid eos tapes?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/21/2015
Employment Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will be happy to assist you with your concerns.
The reason you find opinions is because there is no state or federal law that requires that a company, even one that is partially funded through public funds, to keep the video tapes on file. While some states have passed local laws as far as how much time surveillance tapes may be retained (for example there are laws that may require ATMs to keep the records from 30 to 45 days), there is no law pertaining to this company. This is the code that governs, but as you can see, it has nothing about retention, merely the penalty for unauthorized access:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=57
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
I knew this already. You are scammers. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/justanswer_com.html I checked your BBB rating already and it is horrible. I have already called my bank to tell them you are scammers. If that money is not refunded quickly you are going to have a huge problem with me.
Sir,
I do not work for Just Answer, so kindly do not call me names. If you believe that this is a scam (which it is not), I will ask the moderators to issue a refund. As far as the Better Business Bureau rating, Just Answer is rated as an A+...this is the direct link to the BBB and not a third party site:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
I will close out this question and request a refund. Take care.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney