Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked in a plant where the plant manager told me to shut…

Customer Question
I worked in a plant...
I worked in a plant where the plant manager told me to shut up in a staff meeting for me given an explanation to financial question and I am plant Financial Controller. He also has more three occasions came to my office angry and told me he will get rid of me. In January is was given a pick slip. Can I consider his behavior as harassment?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, Was there discrimination based on race, gender, age or nationality or was an employee handbook violated?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I was never give any handbook when I took the position.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer