Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The owner of the company I work struck me and other

Customer Question
The owner of the company...
The owner of the company I work for has struck me and other employees several times with witnesses. What can I do ? I don't care if I lose my job over it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/20/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, such conduct is improper and illegal. Employer cannot terminate for reporting same.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Consider also a police complaint. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer