Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a us citenzen and I am filling two kids to come

Customer Question
I am a us citenzen...
I am a us citenzen and I am filling for my two kids to come to Alaska but my last three years tax was filed in New Jersey where I worked self employed now will the us department have a problem with that seeing that I am filling out of Alaska and my tax is showing out of New Jersey?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2015
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. When you're saying that you're filing for your kids to come to Alaska, do you mean from another country? Are they not US citizens? (You didn't mention anything about immigration or anything as such).
They are not us citenzen they were born before I became us and they are living outside of the us a country called Dominica
Thank you. There should not be a problem, but I would include a letter that explains that you have moved from New Jersey to Alaska. That alone will explain why there are three years of New Jersey tax returns. Prove that you lived there and prove that you moved to and are currently living in Alaska. If you have receipts of moving expenses, change of address forms, etc... that could help. You don't necessarily have to include them in your application, but in the letter explaining it you can let them know that you have documentation to back up your move if they need it. But you're not the first person that they've encountered that has moved from one state to another. It probably won't even raise an eyebrow, assuming that everything else is in order and there are no "red flags" in your application. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited.
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer