How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a contracted employee thtough a temp agency large

Customer Question

I am a contracted employee thtough a temp agency for a large corp. We are paid 45.50/hr for clinical work plus 25.00/hr for travel time. I noticed on my paystub that the company has been taking the hours I work -ususally 40hrs and subtracting out the travel time usually 16hrs and paying me for only 24 hrs instead of 40 hrs at clinical wage of 45.50. Then because my total number of hrs per week is 56 they then pay me 16 hours at (overtime) time and one half. The question I have is can the company change the amount of hours I worked from 40 to 24?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will do my best to assist you with your concerns.
No, they cannot change your hours. If you worked 40 hours, you are entitled to be paid for 40 hours. If you worked 40 hours and traveled 16 hours, then you are entitled to be paid for the 40 hours worked and for the travel time. Anything else is a wage violation, and something you can report to the Dept of Labor or even sue for outright for the difference owed. Typically going to the Dept of Labor is cheaper but it may take longer to resolve.
Dimitry, Esq.