Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been told 2 time I can't get disability. Now I'm waiting…

Customer Question
I have been told 2...
I have been told 2 time I can't get disability. Now I'm waiting on a hearing with a judge. I am no longer getting paid from my employer but am still a employee of theirs and now having to pay for my insurance. I was thinking of quitting to get my 401 so I can pay my bills. Will my case still go forward and I will be still getting a hearing? What should I do. I have doctors saying I can't work
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/17/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, you should wait for the hearing.
Don't resign. Your 401k is not affected.
Sometimes disability benefits can be expedited by local counsel having the focus and contacts.
Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?