Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work independent school district. My supervisor has

Customer Question
I work for an independent...
I work for an independent school district. My supervisor has made a comment, the superintendent does not like you anyway!
Is that grounds for dismissal or demotion?
Been with district for almost 16 years, excellent evaluations for every year.
Done an excellent job this year in everyone's opinion except his.
And he has tried to make me fail this year.
Should I attain an attorney?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/17/2015
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of this matter.
The fact is what you have is hearsay. And in that case, I suggest you go to the Superintendent and ask if he said that? And if so, why?
At this juncture, you can certainly consult with a local attorney. But having the Superintendent admit he said it will be key. And so you need to talk to that person.
Now, remember, that any one can be fired for any reason at all that is not based on discrimation. And so if you can prove that he does not like you because of your race, religion, gender, age, national origin or if you are disabled then you would have a claim
Unfortunately, otherwise, not renewing a hire or a contract is a prerogative of the employer.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask so if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know Here.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating at this time as that is how I get credit for my time and information
Thank you