Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Good morning,About the persona non grata, PNG "an unwelcome…

Customer Question
Good morning, About the persona non...
Good morning,
About the persona non grata, PNG "an unwelcome person"
Maryland School for the Deaf Superintendent placed my name on PNG with no explanation and no timeline when he started working there in 1992. I left the MSD in 1990 and never had worked with him and even haven't worked for him and he keeps tarnishing my reputation banning me to work, block me from work and excluded from social acceptance, privileges, friendship and employment. His name is***** from Vermont while my birth place is Baltimore, Maryland.
Need an assistance to have my name removed from the png list and move on with my future employment, social and privileges.
Please help me....... It has been ongoing for 22 years now.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/17/2015
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The tort of blacklisting is a rarely recognized tort claim and only when there is proof that the conduct is willful and malicious. See: Estate of Dr. Beatrice Braude v. United States,***** 476, 477-78 (Fed. Cl. 1997).
The more commonly brought tort, if this is causing you to get terminated from jobs or preventing you from being hired, is "tortious interference with contracts," since the school's conduct is causing you to not get hired or to lose jobs once you are hired. “The basic principle of a ‘tortious interference’ action is that one, who without privilege, induces or purposely causes a third party to discontinue a business relationship with another is liable to the other for the harm caused thereby.” Fitzgerald v. Roadway Express, Inc., 262 F.Supp.2d 849, 859-60 (N.D.Ohio 2003). There are typically four primary elements in the blacklisting context: (1) the existence of a valid business relationship or expectancy between the plaintiff and a third party; (2) the defendant’s knowledge of the business relationship or expectancy; (3) the defendant’s intentional and wrongful interference with the business relationship or expectancy; and (4) damages to the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s interference. See, James v. Int’l Hotels Group Res., Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 11593 (D.Ill. 2010)
The only way to resolve your case is you are actually going to have to file a suit against the school itself and get a court order to remove you from any such list interfering with your employment.