How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** want to contest wrongful termination in my p

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** want to contest for a wrongful termination in my personal opinion. I am a CNA for 15 years and worked nights for 3 1/2 years at this facility. The staff had me signed a paper for the reason of a violation of comp policy. After an incident of a patient , the paper said about a change of condition to respond immediately. The pt. had fallen out of bed. Another co-worker had found her on the floor. He then had called me to her room and we checked if she was okay first. As she was responding and not hurt we had to put her back in bed. We looked for the Charge nurse that was not there in that hallway and would catch up with later to what had happened earlier. How can I defend myself in getting another job with this on my record? The other co-worker is still there while I was told the next day to let me go in this matter. Thank for your reply if all possible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.
If other employees are being treated more favorably than you then you may have a case assuming the other employees are of a different race, religion, gender etc.. (at least one protected characteristic). If proven, you would be entitled to past and future financial losses, emotional distress, and punitive damages.
To contest you should contact an attorney listed through the California Employment Lawyers Association where competent employment rights attorneys can evaluate your matter. Here is the link:
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.
Otherwise I will not receive any credit. Thank you.