Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Wow! I was just trying to find out on the internet if I have…

Customer Question
Wow! I was just...
Wow! I was just trying to find out on the internet if I have a problem. I lost my job due to a company aquisition. But, I am being treated for rotator cuff tears (three) by a physical therapist. The pain is getting worse, so I want to find a surgeon (therapist agrees). Do I collect disability while I am recovering? It was not a work-place injury
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
I have been seen already by a doctor, had xray taken, had MRI.. in physical therapy.. on unemployment. Pain is worse than before, altho range of motion is slightly better. I just want to see a surgeon, but I need to know what will happen with unemployment benefits.
6/16/2015
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer
Hello, You
If you are currently receiving unemployment benefits, and your state provides disability benefits for claimants who are unavailable foe full time work, then you would open a disability claim and close your unemployment claim.
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you need further clarification. And please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer. Otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks for using justanswer.com!