How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38878
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wow! I was just trying to find out on the internet if I have

Customer Question

Wow! I was just trying to find out on the internet if I have a problem. I lost my job due to a company aquisition. But, I am being treated for rotator cuff tears (three) by a physical therapist. The pain is getting worse, so I want to find a surgeon (therapist agrees). Do I collect disability while I am recovering? It was not a work-place injury
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been seen already by a doctor, had xray taken, had MRI.. in physical therapy.. on unemployment. Pain is worse than before, altho range of motion is slightly better. I just want to see a surgeon, but I need to know what will happen with unemployment benefits.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, You
If you are currently receiving unemployment benefits, and your state provides disability benefits for claimants who are unavailable foe full time work, then you would open a disability claim and close your unemployment claim.
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you need further clarification. And please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer. Otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks for using!

Related Employment Law Questions