How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118787
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am Josephine XXXXXX I worked city

Customer Question

I am Josephine XXXXXX I worked for the city of Delta from 1980-1987 I payed into what I was told the city retirement. Now I wanted to get my retirement and the city does not even have any record of my working there. I at that time was told that the retirement was a 401K payied to Met Life. Met Life has no record of the city even being a costumer. It is not enough. To find professional help but to me its much needed at this point of my life. I am currently on medicare and medicad. and no way to pay for professional advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the Social Security Administration, that is the only other place you would have that would have your information on your employment from that far back.
Also, you need to contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (
Those are the only places that can help you locate what you need to find your pension, if any exists and if you did not cash out at the time.