Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work PRN hospital, prn I was told is a work schedule

Customer Question
I work PRN for a...
I work PRN for a hospital, prn I was told is a work schedule of the hours I can work, not the hours demanded by the hospital as I was told by them. Is this true ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/15/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
Are you asking whether you can choose your own hours or whether your employer can force you to work a particular schedule? Can you clarify the situation for me?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Can I chose my own hours and days to work ?
Thank you.
Unfortunately, employers retain complete discretion to set employee schedules in whatever manner suits the needs of the business. Moreover, employers are free to change an employee's schedule at any time for virtually any reason unless there is an express agreement guaranteeing a particular schedule for a set length of time. So, I'm afraid to say that your employer can tell you when you must work, and can condition further employment on you working the schedule they want.
I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.