Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was off after a new hire was employed 11 days prior

Customer Question
I was laid off after...
I was laid off after a new hire was employed 11 days prior . No final paycheck was presented at my final day . No letter or exit interview . This seems wrong ?? Is there a case how this has been handled
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/15/2015
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question.
Do you have a written employment contract requiring cause for termination?
Do you have any reason to believe your termination was due to discrimination or sexual harassment?
Thank you.