Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was put on PIP 30 days back.I have performed well,It has…

Customer Question
I was put on PIP...
I was put on PIP 30 days back.I have performed well,It has been 60 days now.I have a meeting with my manager this monday.What can it mean
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/12/2015
Employment Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
There are a few potential options here. First, it may simply be a status meeting where the manager can provide feedback, state where you may still need improvement, if at all, or even tell you that the PIP has been rescinded. Or it may be the opposite, where the manager may show evidence of lack of progress and then take further disciplinary steps. But it is fairly tough to guess--typically if you have been given positive feedback once on PIP it is unlikely that after 2 months that negative information would be provided (but it is possible). I would suggest you prepare by bringing a copy of the PIP with you and copies or examples for each point to show progress and/or improvement, just in case.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
if there was lack of performance should it not be documented by manager?
Thank you for your follow-up.
No, not at all. It should be followed through as per the PIP. And informing you if there is an issue is the same as documentation. Some managers may choose to collect a fair enough of information and critique before letting you know of the concerns, so this is not an uncommon occurrence.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.