Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been asked to resign rather than not have my contract

Customer Question

I have been asked to resign rather than not have my contract renewed with Fairfax County Public Schools in Virginia. I was a first year teacher who was evaluated unfairly by a principal with a horrible reputation. She has tried to ruin my career. My test data was the strongest in the grade and my parent feedback was 100% positive. Resignations are very difficult to overcome in regards ***** ***** another job.
I was told that the FCPS HR department can only verify my employment dates, position, and salary. Here's the question: Can they answer the question "is he/she eligible for rehire". Some School districts can answer that question and some cannot answer that question. I would like to know what the policy is in Virginia an with FCPS.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. However, we only have the ability to discuss the law, not a policy promulgated by an organization we would have no access to or by a bargaining agreement. So, although I can discuss what the law in Virginia allows, you will have to contact either the union or obtain the written policies of the FCPS to know what their internal rules are.
Let me know if you want the Virginia law about what employers can disclose. If not, contact customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them. (Experts don't work for the Site and have no access to your money or financial arrangements with the Site.)