How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having a stressful marriage which is leading toward

Customer Question

I have been having a stressful marriage which is leading toward divorce currently. I missed alot of days of work due to stress and having to take days off for legal stuff. The stress has lead to me getting sick. I called out sick today because not feeling well and my supervisors got mad at me. I work hard and do alot of work. I feel like this marriage has lead to my job issues along to the drop in my grade. What should i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear you are enduring his stress. Unfortunately, divorce can do that to you.Please tell me what is it you are concerned with what specifically do you mean by "What Should I do?"Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am concerned fighting for the divorce and my son and trying to go to school has lead me to the point of my body not being able ro handle the load. The stress keeps getting worst and now my job is in jeopardy. I just want to live a happy life. I do not want to lose my job due to certain events but it seems it can not be helped. My employer is very demanding at times almost to the point of overbearing. When i am at work i twice as hrad as evey one else. I feel like i am being trageted. I always inform my superiors of my actions. What should i do?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you Are you able to take a leave of absence from your work? That would be based on policy. And it is not always guaranteed. It would be without pay, but the job could be held for you. Also, if you qualify for FMLA you could request that time off - but again, it is not paid. But you could speak with your attorney about having to take the unpaid time off and see if there is some way to get some temporary spousal support, again if you are eligible.