How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work police entity, I'm a non sworn public officer

Customer Question

I work for a police entity, I'm a non sworn public officer that has been hazed and bullied by a supervisor over the pass 8 years. In this time ived completed every procedure to remedy this problem , from multi complaints ( workers comp, EEOC , IA investigation with witnesses and paper work) the corruption to protect this supervisor is overwhelming what can I do? What should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything, but it is the only way that the website will give me credit for assisting you, Fair enough ?
I am so sorry to hear what you have been subjected to for the last 8 years. Nobody should have to work under the conditions to which you have been subjected.
You have taken all the steps that I would have suggested and I am sorry to hear that the EEOC has not given you the satisfaction of conducting an investigation of your employer's practices in the work place. The only 2 things left and that I would suggest is to (1) file a lawsuit against your employer and (2) simultaneously looking for another job. You can find an Attorney experienced in the area of employment law by calling the California Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service and the County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. There is no charge for giving you the names of several Attorneys who practice in this area of the law and if you go through their referral service, you can have an in-office consultation with the Attorneys they recommend for a nominal fee ranging from $10 to $30 for this consultation. The consultation lasts about 30 or so minutes and you can ask all the questions you want Then, you can select the Attorney with whom you feel the most comfortable and who has answered all your questions to your satisfaction.
I hope this has helped in pointing you in the direction you should follow,
Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that the website will give me credit for assisting you.
Positive Feedback and Bonus are always appreciated,
Kindest Regards,