Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in the state of massachusetts small automotive

Customer Question
i work in the state...
i work in the state of massachusetts for a small automotive company. for years now i have been working 6 days a week. mon-fri 8 to 5 and saturday 8 to 3. the total is 53 hours a week and im only paid for 46. i was told that it was legal because they are not a factory or big company?? they take 30 minutes for lunch and then another 30 for my two 15 minute breaks. can they legally take the 30 minutes from the breaks?? i work more than 6 hours a day.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2015
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Thank you for the information and your question. Can you please tell me are you a salaried exempt employee or are you paid hourly with overtime paid? Also, do you take the meal breaks without working during that time, that your employer is not paying you for?
Hello again,
I see where you read my request for more information yesterday but not where you responded. If you still need assistance, I will need the information I requested before I can answer you. If you no longer need assistance, you can contact customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with the Site.