Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Within the past year and a half, I sustained 2 injuries at…

Customer Question
Within the past year and...
Within the past year and a half, I sustained 2 injuries at work - one claimed with workman's comp, the other not (but it being paid for by job). My latest injury took place yesterday. I was told today that I am no longer allowed to work alone (half of the day is spent with one person alone) and that I must exclusively work with staff. Our staff only work five hours a night so I would have to work over 12 hours on a Saturday or Sunday to maintain my position as salary. Or they gave me the option to do part time. But no one has mentioned my contract changing. What are my options legally? I was under the impression you could work only so many hours in one day before you have to get overtime and I have a contract for full time so I'm wondering what I can do to fight this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2015
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Thank you for the information and your question. I will need a bit more information though in order to assist you. First, can you tell me why your employer is making this change? Does this have to do with your injury or limitations in what you can do as noted by your doctor? Next I need to know what your job is and confirm that you have been an exempt salaried employee? Finally, is your contract a term contract that can only be changed by mutual agreement?
Hello again,
I see where you read my request for more information but not where you responded. If you did attempt to respond, it did not come through. If you still need assistance I can answer your question as soon as I get that information. If you no longer need assistance, please contact customer service and they can give you a refund of any deposit that you may have left with the Site and close the question for you.
Tina, Lawyer