Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I hAVE BEEN an employee of a non-profit 15 years and

Customer Question
I hAVE BEEN an employee...
I hAVE BEEN an employee of a non-profit for over 15 years and recently was given a new job description under our new executive director. It requires that I be proficient in all computor programming and an open-end statement that requires I do what is asked of me.
Can an employer change your job as they choose or am I grandfathered in?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2015
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Thank you for the information and your question. Unless an employee works under a union bargaining agreement or has a term contract that guarantees job duties, pay, etc., for a specific period of time, an employer always has the right to change the terms and conditions of employment. That includes, hours, duties, wages, benefits (not already vested), etc. Unfortunately, that is the nature of being an at will non-contractual employee.
Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 10th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer