Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

What kind of necessary paperwork do I need to prepare in

Customer Question
What kind of necessary paperwork...

What kind of necessary paperwork do I need to prepare in order to hire a personal assistant?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2015
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Employment lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Here is an article that walks you through all of this job description, interview questions, etc.You will need an EIN number if you do not have one if you pay them as an employee.

You would have the option here to use a service, you pay them a bit more but no taxes, workers comp, etc.The service pays them and if you don't like them then you ask for a new assistant.

Here's the site.

http://www.arcmi.org/pdf/HiringManaging_ARC_MI_test.pdf

Here are services you may want to consider, there are a lot of pros to using them.Overall the cost is about the same, you avoid the hiring and firing stress and the paperwork and liability of an employer.

I would at least consider it and price it here.You should not have to commit here long term anotehr advantage to try them and see if you like them.

List not sure where you are at.

https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+personal+assistants+service&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Sample

Personal Assistance Agreement - Allen, Shea & Associates

You also have the right to contract as an indepedent contractor.That scan be risky with possibility of TWC audit and penalties, etc.But here is that contract too..

personal services employment contract - Mobility ...

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me knowif you have mroe follow up.Thanks again.

Miguel more about not hiring them as independent contractor, TWC has made this an area of audits so again not a good idea despite teh appeal of lower costs..

http://www.myhomepay.com/Answers/State-Nanny-Tax/TX/Overview

Either use a service to staff your needs or set yourself up as an employer and avoid the risk of penalties, etc.

Thanks again.
Ray, Employment lawyer