How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do not know if I have a case, but I believe my situation violates bo

Customer Question

I do not know if I have a case, but I believe my situation violates both the Fair Labor Standards Practices Act and Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
As well as being in complete violation of the Universities in house policy as to employee treatment and compensation. The CWRU HR website policy data information is
In short, I was hired by CWRU in July of 2011 as the Endowment & Trust Accountant and worked under the direction of Assistant Controller, Michael Maire.
Mr. Maire transferred to a different department in July of 2013.
The Controller at the time, Bradley Fralic, hired a temp to manage some of Mr. Maire’s tasks, the Controller also managed some and I took on some.
In September of 2013, the CFO hired the “Director of Endowment & Restricted Funds”, Carrie Lovelace, an attorney with no interest or background in finance.
The Controller resigned from CWRU in December of 2013. When he left, I was tasked with all the financia
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you asking if you have a claim to pursue? was there discrimination or violation of company policy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am making less than half of the white male who managed the workload that was added to my plate.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
You can pursue such a claim under both fair labor standards act and state common law. You may consider an eeoc complaint. You may also pursue as a civil court action in federal court. Consider having counsel handle on contingency fee basis, and apply for award of legal fees as well. would you like a directory for that and is that helpful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I already knew that. I think I was clear in my statement that I know they are violating FLSPA and Lilly Ledbetter, I need to know where to find an attorney that will go against the big bad Case Western Reserve University
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
and for that I can suggest 2 good directories for finding such counsel on contingency. would you like that information or something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, this clearly was a waste of my time. Thank you
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Very welcome. You asked how to find counsel. I suggested a way of doing so. if you need something else, please let me know. we cannot represent customers through the website.

Related Employment Law Questions