Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live and work in Indiana as an insurance agent, and our agency…

Customer Question
I live and work in...
I live and work in Indiana as an insurance agent, and our agency was just sold to a larger agency. Does my non-solicit agreement with my original employer transfer to the new agency?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/5/2015
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
""Does my non-solicit agreement with my original employer transfer to the new agency?""
.
.
Yes, if the agency was sold including all assets and obligations, which is typical, then the new agency would just "step into the shoes" of the old one and any contracts would be deemed to be assigned to the new agency. So any contracts that were signed with the old agency would now be enforceable by the new agency, be they service contracts, customer contracts, or employee contracts.
.
.
thanks
Barrister, Lawyer