Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

In pa. do i have to accept a job money than iam making

Customer Question
in pa. do i have...
in pa. do i have to accept a job for less money than iam making now by same employer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/5/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
An employee never has to accept a lower paying job. However, unless the employee has a contract which guarantees their original rate of pay for a set period of time, they cannot compel their employer to continue paying them at the original rate. In other words, while the employee can refuse the paycut and quit they do not have the right (barring an agreement to the contrary) to be employed at their original rate. Since employment in PA is "At will" absent an agreement to the contrary, employment can be modified at any time.
I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Hello again,
I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.
Very best wishes.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer