Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I HAVE OVER 20 YRS VESTED IN MY PENSION AND ATTENDED A YEARLY…

Customer Question
I HAVE OVER 20 YRS...
I HAVE OVER 20 YRS VESTED IN MY PENSION AND ATTENDED A YEARLY SEMINAR OFFERED BY MY COMPANY. I ASKED A QUESTION! IF I DELAY DRAWING MY PENSION WOULD IT INCREASE? HE INFORMED ME THAT IT WILL KEEP TURNING OVER. AFTER PUTTING OFF RECEIVING MY PENSION FOR 10 YRS I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY CREDIT
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 6 days by:
6/11/2015
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this for us?
Have you actually read your pension plan description to see what it says about delaying collection?
Were you continuing to work for them and paying into the pension for that additional 10 years?