Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

As state employees community college, the number of student

Customer Question
As state employees for a...
As state employees for a community college, the number of student contact hours / credit hours for 16 week semesters (fall and spring semesters) for a full load is considered 18 hours. While a 12 week summer for full time employees, which compresses the 16 week load into a 12 week load (25% more), remains with an 18 hour requirement prior to accumulating overload.
1) How can this 25% increase in workload be considered the same requirement with the same pay for a required additional load?
2) Couldn't this be considered mandatory overtime without compensation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/5/2015
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response 1: It cannot. I do not see how.
Response 2:Yes, it can.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law