Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I recently left a company because I could not stand the owner's

Customer Question
temper and his routine racial...
I recently left a company because I could not stand the owner's temper and his routine racial and otherwise discriminatory remarks. He created a health issue for me and I resigned because of that.
We publicly said that it was for health reasons and I was retiring.
Since then I have performed almost daily assistance by relaying emails and phone calls to my replacement and staff and informing the people that communicated with me that I had retired and their new contact would be Mr. X.
I have also provided assistance in where and how to find things (my replacement only had a couple of days to work with me before I left).
I did receive a paycheck after I left that paid for my last week there and 40 hours of PTO (I assume since I have not received a paystub).
I have additional PTO time coming, I have not received the monthly Auto Allowance that was for the Month of May and there is no indication that they are going to pay me anything further.
I would like to know how to address this with the CEO (the one with the bad temper) in a manner that he cannot violate going forward?
I would also like to discuss the hostile environment and discriminatory attitude of this man and how to possibly force him to abandon those quirks in order to make the remaining employees work life a bit easier?
Thanks,
Don
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/4/2015
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Federal law makes racial discrimination and harassment based on race illegal. Consider filing a complaint with e EEOC to investigate the company and keep all correspondence between you and this person proving such discrimination and harassment.
Also, inform the CEO in writing of the money that is due to you and keep records for a potential wage and hour claim that you may have.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
That really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know or suspect to be true. I guess I should have been more specific in my question.
Ask any follow-up question and I will be happy to answer. But also please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time and efforts. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please rate my answer. Otherwise I will not be credited for my time. Thank you.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer