How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Everything i tell you here is backed up

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** and everything i tell you here is backed up with all the discovery, documents and evidence. I was a member of IBEW Local 357 union in 2010 and my business manager had my business agent bring me up on charges of being 4 months behind on my dues in the amount of $720. I was wrongly accused of this considering that my dues were automatically deducted from my paychecks. I was given a trial board date to answer to this dues delinquency charge. I brought with me my paycheck stubs and dues receipts to the trial and the E board wouldnt let me present my proof. The business manager and the E board had already found me guilty a month prior to my trial board. I have this document. I was given no due process. This business manager who i had no respect for personally, used his position of authority directing his business agent to wrongly accuse me of being 4 months behind on my dues. I was found guilty and was fined $2600. I will give you a little back story. During this time i had just gotten a 4 year financially devastating divorce. I had remarried and had 3 kids to feed. We were getting ready to file for bankruptcy when my union did this to me. We had no resources to pay the $2600, which had to be paid before i was even allowed to sign the out of work book. There were 1000 men on the books at the time which meant about 4 months wait to catch a call for work. my family and i got evicted from our house we were homeless for a month, my wife and kids checked into a shelter. i checked into a behavioral hospital for a complete nervous breakdown. My wife, VA mental health doctor and my kids were the reason i didn't take matters in my own hands and make front page news. The VA had a program for homeless veterans and was accepted. I filed for social security disability which took 3 years and 9 months to be awarded to me. We were on welfare for the entire time my disability claim was being processed. I also gathered all my evidence to prove my civil rights were violated. Articles 6, 7 and 8 and 14 of the constitution of the US. I need an agressive litigator to help us. please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We legally cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by Nevada law. We are allowed to only provide information to customers to help direct them as to what courses of action are available to them.
If that is sufficient for you, please tell us how long ago the judgment was entered against you (you said the incident started in 2010, so if the judgment was entered then you likely have missed the 1 year statute of limitations to appeal the decision) and whether or not you ever filed a complaint or appealed the decision to the court or to the National Labor Relations Board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry we could not tell you more. If you need legal representation, you must find that locally. Sorry again, I do apologize.