How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mrs Tina. My Name is

Customer Question

Hello Mrs Tina. My Name is***** was a Longshoreman , Was Injured with only a 17 year Pension when I was cut off Workers Compensation. So with that I receive around $2.500 a month for my Pension . Other Longshore workers that retire with a 30 Yr. Pension get around 9K I've been asking the Employer and the Union to put me back to work . With 17 as a Longshore worker I would be able to just to Clerical work . They tell me only one guy has evered Retired and Returned to work , But there excuse is it was Back in the 1970's And since its been so long since , I don't have a chance and they say no way ! Yet I
Know of Longshoreman who have Murdered another Longshoreman and was Fired - Deregestered . Was let back to work several been Fired and let back to Work . I also know of more than 20 plus Longshoreman who have Been to Prison from a year to as much as 10 Years in Prison got out and let them return to work as a Longshoreman . Hundreds who have been on Drugs and Rehab more than 5 times if not 10 times . I've never commited a crime in my Life. I have a Daughter who just Graduated from Stanford Law School . So trying to help her with Studant Loans and my 5 other Children . I'm still in pain , But stuck a home I Tryed to Commit Suicide a few times . I'm over that and need to return to work on the Docks . I even worked 6 years part time before I was hired full time into the Union so the first 6 or 7 years I wasint in the Union . So those are dead years non Pension years . I'm 52 years of age . So if you please can help me ? I would be forever thankful and Greatful .Anthony Larry XXXXXXXXXXX If your unable to help me , Maybe you know someone that can help me Please . Their is a lot more of corrupt things that have been done and still are happening . And I'm trying to Work and Take care of my Family and because of Politics I'm being shut out . If I knew the right person and killed someone while on Drugs ! I would be able to return to Work with no Questons asked . Thank you and God Bless I'm Praying and holding on for a Angel to help me . If they would have giving me Worker's Comp since I retired , I would be Receiving a Full Pension at the sum of $9K a month . If I can suck it up and do 13 more years I can get my Full Pension. That I deserve . XXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome Larry.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
I haven't reviewed your union's bargaining agreement or any other documents connected with your case, which would typically govern whether you might be eligible for rehire out of retirement, so it is difficult to give you information which might aid you. Having said that, how long ago did you retire? What is the employer/union's stated reason for not permitting you to come out of retirement?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.