How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19180
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Most workers in company work have bounced + we are

Customer Question

Most workers in company work for checks have bounced + we are not getting pay stubs. So we do not have info on deductions. Texas oil field.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.
You need to file a complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission.
They are an arm of your state's department of labor and they are tasked with handling issues of pay, particularly failure to pay (bounced checks) and improper pay methods (no pay stubs).
It's a free service in your state and one that is protected, meaning the employer can't retaliate against you for using it, or they essentially hand you a lawsuit against them.