Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I left my previous employer a month ago. They will not inform

Customer Question

I left my previous employer a month ago. They will not inform fidelity that I have left so I can access the money. I have called multiple time, they will not return my calls now that they know what I am calling about.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to first write a letter to both your former employer and Fidelity regarding your departure and requesting your funds. You need to read your plan description though about distributions, because most plans have an open period during which they make distributions for those people leaving the plan and they do not do it all year long, so you may have to wait for for your distribution until that open period.
Have you read your plan description yet about distributions, because under the US law, ERISA, that is what governs?