How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19168
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Among other legal violations, my employer changed my reported hours regularly reaso

Customer Question

among other legal violations, my employer changed my reported hours regularly for no reason. every time I tried to speak with him he would not talk to me. I had to quit because I was not getting paid. My January pay check was 11/2 months late. He now refuses to pay me for the week I worked before I quit. He won't talk to me, pay me, read my emails. He owes me approximately $3,000.00 at this point including unpaid expenses, broken promises which resulted in my inability to achieve a degree, unpaid time for my work and unpaid overtime. I don't know what to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.
I'm sorry that you're having to go through this situation. You have an excellent resource in your state to handle these matters though.
You can go through your state's Department of Labor and do a wage complaint process. You should first start by sending the employer a demand letter (on the site below). Then, after the employer has responded or ignored you, file the wage and labor complaint form.