Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Among other legal violations, my employer changed my reported hours regularly reaso

Customer Question
among other legal violations, my...
among other legal violations, my employer changed my reported hours regularly for no reason. every time I tried to speak with him he would not talk to me. I had to quit because I was not getting paid. My January pay check was 11/2 months late. He now refuses to pay me for the week I worked before I quit. He won't talk to me, pay me, read my emails. He owes me approximately $3,000.00 at this point including unpaid expenses, broken promises which resulted in my inability to achieve a degree, unpaid time for my work and unpaid overtime. I don't know what to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2015
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.
I'm sorry that you're having to go through this situation. You have an excellent resource in your state to handle these matters though.
You can go through your state's Department of Labor and do a wage complaint process. You should first start by sending the employer a demand letter (on the site below). Then, after the employer has responded or ignored you, file the wage and labor complaint form.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/complaint-forms
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer